Try searching with bangs
We’ve prepared a few examples that you can try by clicking on the links below. If you want to see how they work for yourself, add the !bang to the search field on our prepared search phrase – Try it now on Givero.com
Works on both mobile and desktop
Change your homepage in Safari on Mac
- In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, then click General.
- In the Homepage field, enter https://www.givero.com.
- Choose when Givero is shown as the homepage.
- Open new windows with your homepage: Click the “New windows open with” pop-up menu, then choose Homepage.
- Open new tabs with your homepage: Click the “New tabs open with” pop-up menu, then choose Homepage.
Say hello to open source bangs
As a developer you can contribute to a good causes
If you’ve ever found yourself wishing for a custom search !bang … build it!
The Givero search engine has adopted the bangs framework used by other popular search engines and made it even easier to contribute your own bangs.
We value your contribution to our open source initiative where we raise money for good causes beyond tech.
Create your own bangs
You can create a fork of the Givero bang repository, create the bangs you need and make a pull request.
If you see a bug, or just want to ask for a new search bang, then create an issue on Github.
The list is open source and licensed under the Apache license, so feel free to use as you see fit.
Subscribe and we'll let you know when more bangs are available.
Signing up for the newsletter allows Givero to store your email address and send you information. We care about your support and will never share your email address.